Tuesday 29 October 2019

5 Great Birthday Celebration Ideas

When I was growing up, we made birthdays special but they were not overdone. On the day of my birthday, my family would wake me up and wish me a happy birthday by singing to me. As they sang happy birthday to me, they would jump onto my bed to get me up and moving. I got a gift from my mother in the morning and I was able to select whatever I wanted to eat at every meal that day. Also, on my birthday, all my chores, including washing the dishes, were done by someone else. My mom would make my favorite pie for dessert and then I got some more gifts after dinner. It was always a special day on our birthdays.

The best thing about my birthday when I was growing up was how our whole family spent the day together and celebrated as one. I will always remember the times we spent as a family at the dinner table where we would talk and laugh for hours. After dinner, we would hang out together in the living room where we would play games together. When I think about it now, birthdays were not about the presents or the food or getting special treatment. What made a birthday special was getting to make memories with my family, the people that will always be so very important to me.








The following are 5 birthday ideas you can use to make birthdays even more special for your own family.

1. A birthday plate - Choose or buy a special dinner plate that the birthday boy or girl gets to use all day on their birthday.

2. Make Meal Choices - Let the birthday boy or girl choose all of his or her birthday meals for the day or just choose dinner.

3. Surprise Them in the Morning - Have the family sing Happy Birthday to the birthday boy or girl first thing in the morning and give him or her a gift when upon waking up.

4. A Day Off - Give the birthday boy or girl the day off from all his or her chores on his or her birthday. Let the birthday celebrant have a day to have fun and relax for a change.

5. Play the "I Love You" Game - Take turns going around the dinner table and saying what you love about the birthday boy or girl. That will make his or her special day even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment